The Dangers of Zinsco Electrical Panel and Federal Pacific Electric
Several decades ago electricians would install Zinsco electrical panel and Federal Pacific Electric panels in many houses. Back then there were no issues with both brands. However, as time passed, and the electrical demand of the houses went up, electricians started to notice that Zinsco and Federal Pacific can not cope with the new load. Now both brands are notorious for being a hazard to the house they are in.
Why Are Zinsco Electrical Panel and Federal Pacific Electric Dangerous?
Zinsco electrical panel can provoke both fire and electrical shock because of their numerous design flaws. These are the most common things that cause those panels malfunction:
- Some components in the panel have aluminium wiring. This wiring rusts and decreases the effectiveness of the electrical conductor. Moreover, this wiring can prompt overheating of the panel.
- The bus bars of those panels get damaged and destroyed easily.
- Breakers’ interior tripping mechanisms sometimes get jammed. This will indicate that the breaker is off when, in fact, it is still on. So, the breaker isn’t providing any overload protection. This can lead to the panel overheating and starting a fire.
Finally, Zinsco panels do not meet today’s updated safety codes. Their production stopped in mid-1970s, and the panels produced during those years can not cope with the contemporary electrical needs.
Federal Pacific Electric is also not a good asset for your house. They can perform normally for years only to give up at some point and get overcurrent or short circuit. This happens due to several reasons:
- Wires may be crowded inside the panel box.
- Breakers may unexpectedly trip after the removal of the dead-front cover. Moreover, the breakers can have loose connections.
- Breakers are often jammed within their sockets, which can cause overcrowding within the panel.
And as with the case of Zinsco, Federal Pacific Electric do not meet today’s updated safety codes.
What to Do if You Have a Zinsco Electrical Panel or Federal Pacific Electric at Home?
So, given everything above, it is very important to check your panel regularly. Remember, that only a qualified and trained technician may replace the panel in your house. Please do not do it yourself unless you have a specialized education. Fuse team can help you assess the situation with your electrical panel and change it if needed. Save yourself a trouble and ensure that your electrical panel is no danger to you and to your loved ones. Give us a call at (408) 721-2530 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule an inspection right away!
Check out our clean installations of electrical panels here: read about this Siemens panel installation or SPAN smart panel installation.
Moreover we can help you, if you need other Electrical Services or Electrical Panel Installation:
- Electrical Panel Installation in San Jose;
- EV Charging Station in San Jose;
- Commercial Electrical Services in San Jose;
- Installation Generator in San Jose;
- Heater Installation in San Jose;
- Home Theater Installation in San Jose;
- So Lighting Installation in San Jose;
- Circuit Breaker Installation & Replacement in San Jose;
- Outlet Installation in San Jose;
- So Residential Electrical Services in San Jose;
- Security System in San Jose;
- Doorbell Installation & Replacement in San Jose;
- So Smoke Detector Installation in San Jose;
- Solar Panel Installation in San Jose;
- Wiring Installation in San Jose;
Similarly, we can make repair, for example:
- Wiring Repair in San Jose;
- Also Solar Panel Repair in San Jose;
- So Installation Security System Repair in San Jose;
- Outlet Repair in San Jose;
- Also Circuit Breaker Repair in San Jose;
- So Doorbell Repair in San Jose;
- Lighting Repair in San Jose;
- Also Heater Repair in San Jose;
- So Installation Generator Repair in San Jose;
- Electrical Panel Repair in San Jose.
Take a look what the customers say about our electrical services on Yelp:
Read Alexander T.‘s review of Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing on Yelp
Read Lisa W.‘s review of Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing on Yelp
Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing was founded in 2007. The company headquarter location is San Jose, California. Besides the company has a network of geographically distributed offices across the country. Likewise we provide Electrical, Refrigeration and HVAC services of the all major brands and models. Certainly Fuse provides warranty for labor and parts: 7–99 months for appliance replaced parts and labor, 12 months for refrigeration and HVAC jobs, besides we provide up to 2 years warranty for labor for HVAC-installations.
Our company provides same-day service, 7 days a week for residential, commercial and industrial Electrical Services; similarly we provide service for HVAC and Refrigeration. Most importantly the technicians of the company are highly trained and certified professionals who are knowledgeable and experienced in Electrical Services.
We pride ourselves on being the best Electrical service in the country!