The Risks of Hiring Unlicensed Contractors
There is a saying Cheap is expensive. That is very true when it comes to house improvements. We know that they do not come cheap. But there is a number of good reasons to hire a licensed contractor instead of probably cheaper but unlicensed contractors. In this post we will explain why you should never hire an unlicensed contractor for a job. And then we will tell what benefits collaboration with a licensed contractor brings.
Risks of Hiring Unlicensed Contractors
- Poor craftsmanship. Licenses mean that the technicians has completed extensive training and obtained all the necessary knowledge to do the job. In the case of an unlicensed contractor one can only hope they know what they are doing. Faulty installations can lead to bigger losses in the future.
- Safety hazards. It is the direct consequence of poor craftsmanship. Job done by an unlicensed contractor is more likely to go rogue. Think gas leaks or electric fires — better be safe than sorry.
- Voided warranty. Installed equipment manufacturers legally oblige the licensed contractors to provide the maintenance for the installed equipment in case something goes wrong. (Remember that gas leak? Yes, this kind of wrong). An unlicensed contractor usually does not provide the coverage or provides a void warranty. Both will be no use to a homeowner.
- Liability issues. God forbid something happens to the technician during the installation. But if they fall or damage themselves in any way, it is plausible to become the homeowner’s problem.
- Cost of the house goes down. Unlicensed contractors usually do not provide a permit for the improvements. So the city council does not know what changes were made to the house. No records, no tracks — nobody knows what has been done. That may easily reduce the cost of the house when it comes to selling it.
Given everything said above, it seems pretty obvious that to hire an unlicensed contractor is just not worth all the risks. Moreover, collaborating with the licensed contractors can help you get a rebate on your installation. FUSE customers are eligible to rebates for HVAC installation, solar installation, electrical, plumbing and much more! Give us a call at (408) 721-2530 or write to our support firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about rebates.
Hire licensed contractors for any home improvements — be safe!
Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing was founded in 2007. So the company headquarter location is San Jose, California. Besides the company has a network of geographically distributed offices across the country. Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing is an official authorized dealer of Bryant, as well as a Mitsubishi Diamond Elite Contractor. So we provide HVAC installation and repair services, electrical services, plumbing services and refrigerating services. Certainly Fuse provides warranty for labor and parts: 12 months for repair labor, besides we provide up to 3 years warranty for labor for HVAC-installations.
Also, our company provides same-day service, 7 days a week for residential, commercial and industrial HVAC installation, similarly we provide service for HVAC repair. Most importantly the technicians of the company are knowledgeable professionals with outstanding skills in installation and repairing all brands and models of all major HVAC systems.
In conclusion, we pride ourselves on being the best HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing service in the country!