The Risks of Unlicensed Contractors
There is a saying, “Cheap is expensive,” and this is especially true when it comes to house improvements. We know that they do not come cheap, but there are many good reasons to hire a licensed contractor instead of a low-cost “I know a guy, not sure about the license, but he can do it for nothing.” In this post, we will explain why you should never hire an unlicensed contractor for a job and, in the end, we will explain the benefits of collaborating with a licensed contractor.
Why You Shouldn’t Hire Unlicensed Contractors:
- Poor craftsmanship is one of the most significant concerns when hiring an unlicensed contractor. Licenses indicate that the technician has completed extensive training and obtained all the necessary knowledge to do the job. In the case of an unlicensed contractor, one can only hope they know what they are doing. Faulty installations can lead to more significant losses in the future.
- Safety hazards are another direct consequence of poor craftsmanship. Jobs done by unlicensed contractors are more likely to go rogue. Think gas leaks or electric fires — better be safe than sorry.
- Voided warranties are another concern when hiring an unlicensed contractor. Installed equipment manufacturers legally oblige the licensed contractors to provide the maintenance for the installed equipment in case something goes wrong. (Remember that gas leak? Yes, this kind of wrong). An unlicensed contractor usually does not provide the coverage or provides a void warranty that will be no use to a homeowner.
- Liability issues are also a concern. God forbid something happens to the technician during the installation. But if they fall or damage themselves in any way, it is plausible to become the homeowner’s problem.
- The cost of the house may also decrease when working with unlicensed contractors. Unlicensed contractors usually do not provide permits for improvements. As a result, the city council is unaware of any changes made to the house. Without records, nobody knows what has been done. Heaven only knows what has been changed and whether it has been done correctly.
Given these risks, it is obvious that hiring unlicensed contractors is not worth it.
Moreover, collaborating with licensed contractors can help you get a rebate on your installation. FUSE customers are eligible for rebates for HVAC installation, solar installation, electrical, plumbing, and much more! To book a free estimate, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 721-2530. We look forward to helping you!
Likewise, we can help you, if you need other HVAC installation, for example:
- HVAC Ultra Quiet operation installation in San Jose;
- furnace installation in San Jose;
- heater installation in San Jose;
- air conditioner installation in San Jose;
- AC installation HVAC 926TB48080V17 in San Jose.
Similarly, we can make repair, for example:
- HVAC repair in San Jose;
- furnace repair in San Jose;
- air conditioner repair in San Jose;
- ducts repair San Jose.
Also, to illustrate the point we suggest you take a look what the customers say about our HVAC services on Yelp:
Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing was founded in 2007. So the company headquarter location is San Jose, California. Besides the company has a network of geographically distributed offices across the country. Fuse HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing is an official authorized dealer of Bryant, as well as a Mitsubishi Diamond Elite Contractor. So we provide HVAC installation and repair services, electrical services, plumbing services and refrigerating services. Certainly Fuse provides warranty for labor and parts: 12 months for repair labor, besides we provide up to 3 years warranty for labor for HVAC-installations.
Also, our company provides same-day service, 7 days a week for residential, commercial and industrial HVAC installation, similarly we provide service for HVAC repair. Most importantly the technicians of the company are knowledgeable professionals with outstanding skills in installation and repairing all brands and models of all major HVAC systems.
Summing up, we pride ourselves on being the best HVAC, Refrigeration, Electrical & Plumbing service in the country!